Ordinary Membership is aimed at individuals who teach geology, geography, science or associated subjects, work in an area of geological education (a museum or Geopark) or are interested in geological education in general. There are reduced subscription rates for Senior Members (members 65 years or over) and Student Members (students in full-time education).
The Association has been helping teachers at all levels for more than 50 years and continues to develop in response to emerging educational challenges.What can ESTA offer you?
- The twice yearly magazine, Teaching Earth Sciences, containing articles on current teaching practice, news and resources, as well as curriculum updates.
- Access to our online resources which include past issues of the Teaching Earth Sciences (dating back to 2001) and teaching ideas, materials and suggestions of how to develop your geological practice. Resources for the Earth Science components of the primary and secondary curriculum are available, as well the GCSE and A level specifications.
- Access to physical teaching resources. We will help you set up a new department or expand the physical resources needed for a thriving Earth Science department.
- Newsletters providing key dates for your diary, information about new books and field guides and details of useful courses and events. Updates are provided by email to advertise teaching posts and training opportunities around the UK.
- A discount on the Annual Course and Conference (Currently £40).
- ESTA endorses and helps develop training opportunities provided by external institutions and advertises them to members.
- Engagement with Awarding Bodies and educational organisations, allowing you to keep up to date of curriculum development, specifications and assessment methods.
- A network of fellow members to support your Earth Science teaching and help you develop your skills as you progress throughout your career. This can include mentoring.
Individuals may apply for Ordinary, Senior or Student membership using the online form, below or printed & posted using a PDF. Organisations interested in becoming Group Members, Corporate Affiliates, or Publications-only subscribers may obtain more details from the Membership Secretary by enquiring through our Contact page.
|Membership rates are:|
|Full personal membership||£40.00|
|Senior members (65 years or over)||£20.00|
|Student membership (full-time students only)||£20.00|
|Additional delivery charge for addresses outside the EU||£5.00|